PAN Card is a significant document required to carry out certain financial transactions. PAN Card is issued in form of a laminated plastic card carrying a unique Alpha Numeric Code. It is issued to an individual as well as a firm with validity of lifetime. However in case if you lose your pan card or it is stolen, you can always apply for a Duplicate PAN Card. Your permanent account number will not change with the duplicate pan card. We have given here complete procedure to get the Duplicate PAN Card. the process is very simple and hassle free.
How to Apply for Duplicate PAN Card
You can apply for Duplicate PAN Card if your original card is damaged or lost. Follow the procedure given below to apply for the same.
- Visit the NSDL official website and click the ‘Reprint of Card’.
- Now click on ‘Online Application for Changes and Correction in PAN Data.’
- Follow the instructions give there and fill up the online form and submit it.
Once you fulfil the submission of form you will get acknowledgment number. Take a print out of your acknowledgement number or receipt.
Documents to be Sent to NSDL for Duplicate PAN Card
Send the following documents to the NSDL office:
- Print out of Acknowledgment Receipt click here.
- Paste two recent photographs on the receipt with your signature or left thumb impression across photo.
- If you have not paid online, add DD of Rs. 107 in favour of NSDL – PAN, payable at Mumbai.
- Add Xerox copy of your lost PAN Card if you have it.
- Proof of Identity and proof of residence and date of birth.
Send above documents to NSDL office at Pune on following address. Do not forget to mention on the envelop as: APPLICATION FOR PAN CHANGE REQUEST-N-Acknkowledgement Number. (You have to mention your acknowledgement number of 15 digit on the envelop)
Address of NSDL:
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Ltd
5, Mantri Sterling, 341, S no. 997/8
Model Colony, Nr. Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune 411016.
See that your envelop reaches the NSDL, Pune within 15 days from the date of online application. Also note the copy of your lost PAN Card will not be sufficient alone. You will have to submit your proof of residence, proof of identity and birth day. Leave your queries in case of any confusion with regard to Pan Card.